Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
As a new parent, one of the thoughts that I frequently have is how can I be best prepared to afford my son’s future college tuition. In addition to pursuing various college hacks (more to come in a future post), a super simple thing that every parent should spend a few minutes doing, is to apply for the Gerber Baby Photo Search Contest.
Applying is a lot easier than you may think. As long as you have an Instagram account, and follow the rules, you can position your child to potentially win up to $50,000.
Launched in 2010, the program has existed for the last nine years. In order to enter the 2018 contest, parents simply needed to perform the following steps:
- Take a photo of their child;
- Upload that photo to Instagram and have the hashtag “#GerberPhotoSearch2018” in the caption; and
- Make sure that their Instagram profile was set to “public” so that Gerber could view the contest entry.
Super easy right!
Keep in mind that parents also needed to follow the contest rules. These were some of the rules from the 2018 contest:
- You could only participate as a legal resident of the United States.
- You had to be the parent or legal guardian of the child in the entry photo.
- Your child could only participate if they were between the ages of 1 day and 4 years, and the photo had to be current.
- The entry photo was required to be of just the child, with no one else allowed to appear in the photo.
- There was a maximum of ten (10) entries per participant.
- No photos of naked children (such as bathtub photos) were accepted. Children had to be clothed or wearing a diaper!
Gerber announced the 2018 contest through Instagram on October 2, 2018, and entries were accepted until October 20, 2018. Additionally, although the 2018 grand prize was for $50,000, Gerber also included some extra cash in order to help cover the cost of the associated taxes.
So get ready, because if Gerber continues with this program, the 2019 contest could be just around the corner! For more information, along with some free updates, check out this link!